Friday, June 11, 2010

Week # 2: "Home Sweet Home"

Okay, so I have two weeks under my belt and in just a few days I'll be halfway through the first 5 weeks without Chris.  I have titled this entyr after my beloved Motley Crue.  I have spent almost every night this week alone and at home and have quite enjoyed myself.  It seems that my sadness and loneliness is over and I'm settling into a routine.  I've definately had some frustrations this week, but being able to chat w/ Chris over IM (since Skype hates us) several times a day has been really helpful.  So here's my week:

Last Friday was the last night with my Dad.  As of Saturday morning, I was alone again.  After last weekend, I was very nervous about how I would do during the weekend.  Turns out, I did just fine.  Saturday I bought a TON of fruit and just had a nice day at home.  I even worked out twice this day.  Sunday was also pretty nice.  I worked out, went to the pool. and saw Sex and The City 2 (I liked it better than the first; it's a real pick-me-up).  Then came the work week.  Ashley was gone for most of it, so I was working hard.  The week went by very fast.  The highlight: SYTYCD is back for real and I love that show!

However, like I mentioned I had some frustrations this week.  After running only 1.3 miles on Saturday, my "post-tibial" something-or-other was hurting.  Back story:  after my March 5k, I started having this pain and up until Tuesday I thought it was my achilles; it's not.  I ended up working out twice on Saturday and once on Sunday, but was unable to do anything on Monday due to the pain in my knees and ankle.  I went to PT on Tuesday and I was still feeling very frustrated.  I've paid about $300 for PT this past month and seemingly have no results.  I left with a little more understanding about what's going on and some new stretches.  However, I am still very frustrated and am afraid I'll never run again due to my genetic injury (I pronate very bad and when I bend, my knees always jut out to one side or the other).  If I can't run, or do any exercise for long periods of time, I'm scared I'll get fat again...Speaking of which..I have had another frustration this week.  It seems my abdomen is very bloated and feels like it's retaining a lot of water.  I understand I've gained about 4 pounds since my engagement, but b/c of the water, it's more like 6 or 7.  This has gone on for the entire week and I'm getting very tired of it.

As you can see, I have not given myself any positive or negative stars this week.  I find that although I am ecstatic that I am not lonely and sad any longer, I am upset about my body and that has caused me to be lazy around the house.  So, I don't want to give myself a negative score (and make myself feel worse), so I am abstaining from rating myself.

My goals for week 3:  Continue to work out 5 days a week to the best of my ability and tackle my PT stretches.  (My PT stretches tend to hurt my knees and ankle so it's hard to get them done).  I WILL DO THE LAUNDRY!  I will continue to stay on top of the dishes and clean my bathroom.  I WILL COOK and not take the easy way out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment